Rhode Island’s Best Waterfront Eats
Newport’s waterfront location and its best restaurants’ use of it have resulted in superb seaside views.
When it comes to extravagance and seaside luxury, Newport offers nothing in terms of compromise. The Breakers, along with several of the eastern seaboard’s most renowned homes, are located there. It’s quite high-end, to say the least, thanks to its backward L-shaped inlet location, which places it straight into the Atlantic.
Along the coast of Rhode Island, some of the state’s finest restaurants can be found in Newport, and it would be a shame to pass up breathtaking vistas to eat.
Anything from fine dining to food trucks on the water in Newport should be included.
22 Bowen’s Wine Bar & Grille
22 Bowen’s Wine Bar & Grille is the ideal representation of Newport’s classic charm, located on one of the city’s beautiful cobblestone lanes. Diners may anticipate luxurious yet traditional foods, with old-world tastes mixing with contemporary methods and presentations.
- Average Cost: $45, depending on steak cut or seafood variety
- Must-Try Dish(es): Lobster roll, any of the steak dishes
- Hours: Monday – Friday 12 PM – 3:30 PM, 5 PM – 9 PM
- Address: 22 Bowen’s Wharf, Newport, RI 02840
The Lobster Bar Newport
The Lobster Bar is a fantastic place to dine in Newport, Rhode Island. After a long day of sightseeing in this magnificent city, visitors may retire to the end of Bowen’s Wharf to discover this waterfront eatery. It’s both romantic and delectable with views that stretch 180 degrees around the harbor.
- Average Cost: $35
- Must-Try Dish(es):
- Hours: Sunday – Thursday 12 PM – 8 PM, Friday & Saturday 11 AM – 9 PM
- Address: 31 Bowens Wharf, Newport, RI 02840
This is the place to go for a ‘just-right’ dining experience. Chef Kevin O’Donnell, with two decades of expertise and talent under his belt, specializes in classic tastes with an innovative twist at Giusto. The cuisine, known as freestyle Italian, produces some incredible meals.
- Average Cost: $20
- Must-Try Dish(es): Chef’s Tasting Menu, Squid Ink Calamari
- Hours: Monday – Thursday 4:30 PM – 11 PM, Friday & Saturday 11 AM – 11 PM, Sunday 11 AM – 10 PM
- Address: 4 Commercial Wharf, Newport, RI 02840
The Regent Lounge & Firepit
The Lounge & Firepit is a stylish lounge with firepits located at The Regent. From the perspective of a trendy lounge with firepits, the view from inside The Regent is spectacular. If theatrics and ambience fail to entice customers, then the dinner menu (and cocktails) will undoubtedly do so. Customers have praised the Lounge as romantic and high-end, with meals that are just as delectable and modern in keeping. It’s ideal for having a leisurely sit-down meal or stopping by for appetizers and drinks while admiring stunning views of the harbor.
- Average Cost: $20
- Must-Try Dish(es): Seafood ‘Snacks,’ Lobster Roll
- Hours: Daily 5 PM – 10 PM
- Address: 1 Goat Island, Newport, RI 02840
The Skiff Bar is a laid-back spot with stunning harbor views and tasty pub food. The bar specializes in handcrafted beers and offers a moderately priced pub menu to match.
- Average Cost: $30
- Must-Try Dish(es): Flatbreads, Buffalo Wings
- Hours: Sunday – Thursday 11 AM – 9 PM, Friday & Saturday 11 AM – 10 PM
- Address: 25 America’s Cup Ave, Newport, RI 02840
Belle’s Cafe At Newport Shipyard
Discover Newport claims that Belle’s Cafe is one of the “best-kept secrets” in Newport, Rhode Island, when it comes to breakfast and lunch. There is both indoor and outdoor seating at the cafe, which serves up cuisine that is light, bright, and local with special dinner hours on weekends.
- Average Cost: $13-$25
- Hours: Daily 8 AM – 2 PM, closed on Tuesdays / Friday & Saturday 5 PM – 9 PM for dinner
- Address: 1 Washington Street, Newport, RI 02840
The Fluke Newport restaurant, with a local cuisine that features Rhode Island seafood freshly caught, offers refinement alongside authentic dining. The lively third-floor bar, with spectacular sunset views and the ideal location to unwind after a delicious meal, is the place to enjoy a handcrafted cocktail and an exquisite wine collection.
- Hours: Wed & Thurs: 5pm – 12am; Fri & Sat: 4pm – 12am; Sun: 5pm – 12am (closed on Mon and Tues)
- Address: Address: 41 Bowens Wharf, Newport, RI 02840, USA